You’re going to attend your best friend’s birthday party and you learn that many guests are going to attend the event. This now puts you in a dilemma. Which dress to wear to the event? You look into your closet and decide which of your dresses would suit the occasion. You might even decide to buy a new one if none of those in the closet suits your liking.
So, why go through all the trouble of having to choose the right dress for your best friend’s birthday party? There are many reasons women go through such trouble. Here are some of them:
- You want to look good. As a woman, you want to make a good impression in any event be it social or business in nature. It makes you feel good when you get looks of admiration as you stride into the place where the event is held. Being admired in any event makes you feel more confident and at the same time, you find it easy to mingle and chat with the other guests. That’s why you make sure that you wear the right dress for the event. Ever seen the dress Kim Kardashian wore when she went to Rome to see the pope?
- You don’t want to feel out of place among the guests. Remember that scene in the movie Bridget Jones’s Diary wherein the main character Bridget made the mistake of attending her mother’s event while wearing a Playboy bunny suit thinking the event would be a costume party? She felt totally out of place in that event and you don’t want the same thing happening to you. When choosing the right dress, you make sure that you would get everyone’s nod of approval and allow you to blend well with the other guests.
How to Go About Finding the Right Dress
So, how do you go about finding the right dress to wear for an occasion? Reliable sources such as awecollective.com share some tips and ideas.
- Find out what the occasion is all about. Don’t just slap on any dress on your body and attend an occasion or event. There is proper attire for a particular occasion. That’s why you should first have an idea of the event you’re going to attend. Is it a memorial, wedding, or product launch event? Knowing what the event is all about will guide you in choosing the style and color of the dress that will suit the occasion well.
- Find out your body type. There is always a dress for any body type. That’s why you need not worry if you are stout or skinny. You need to take a good look at yourself in the mirror before deciding on what to dress to wear or buy for an occasion. Don’t just buy a dress because it looks pretty. Make sure that it suits you right.
- Think of your jewelry. The dress you buy should suit the pieces of jewelry you have.
What to Remember When Choosing a Dress
When choosing or shopping for a dress to wear for a certain occasion, here are a few things to remember according to social.
- The dress you choose should highlight your best bodily assets. People at an occasion would be drawn to your figure especially if you have a good one. As they say, “If you have it, flaunt it.” As you walk into a room full of people, you might want to draw their attention to your nicely shaped legs, shapely hips, or firm busts. The dress you choose should highlight these assets instead of hiding them. That is why when buying clothes in places like Phoenix, you should check out the brand design of the dress you intend to buy.
- The color of your dress should suit your skin tone. If you happen to be blessed with fair skin, you might want to choose a red, yellow, blue, or green dress. Such colors would highlight your fair skin. But if you have dark-toned skin, you might want to choose a dress with a color that would contrast the kind of skin that you have. Choosing a dress with a darker color would make you look darker.
Wearing the right dress on any occasion shows people that you have good fashion sense. It tells the other guests that you are not only pretty but also have a good knowledge of what is fashionable and not fashionable. Such quality would give you some sophistication and make you look more attractive in any event.