Selected Presentations by Lucinda Marshall:
- Patriarchy and the Occupy Movement–Civicus “Amplifying Marginalised And Muted Voices” Virtual Consultation
- Confronting Patriarchy: The Occupy Movement From A Feminist Perspective–University of Pennsylvania
- Panel: Occupy Gender: Patriarchy and Gender Experiences in the Occupy Movement–New York University
- Panel: Grassroots Uprising: Fueling the Revolution Against Gender Oppression and Economic Exploitation–-National Young Feminist Leadership Conference
- Feminism and Social Media–Bellarmine University
- Gender, Media and Power–Spalding University Baseheart Lecture Panel
- Militarism and Violence Against Women: The “Other” Terrorism University of Dayton
- Feminist Activism and Social Media–Bellarmine University
Towards a Women-Inclusive Peace: Why 1325 is the Crucial Number–-Mount Mary College (co-sponsored by the Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom)
What People Have Said About Presentations
by Lucinda Marshall
Thank you so much for taking the time to be with us yesterday, Lucinda. When I founded Lysistrata at NYU my goal was to be sure you were a speaker for us before I graduated. The form of feminism Lysistrata follows is largely influenced by your views and your work. Thanks again.
Marisa Tramontano, Lysistrata Gender Working Group, New York University
Lucinda wowed my Arizona State University class in “Women, Power, and Leadership” when she came to speak on media as a leadership skill. Her ability to engage students in meaningful conversation in addition to her well-organized presentation made for a great session where students learned valuable techniques for media literacy, influence, and becoming the media.
—Gloria Feldt, author of No Excuses: Ways Women Can Change How We Think About Power
Lucinda Marshall spoke clearly, incisively, and with great wit about issues of women and the media. She really communicated to our students — we’d have her back in a heartbeat.
—Merle Bachman, Assistant Professor of English, Spalding University
Lucinda Marshall is a fount of knowledge on issues vital to the health and well-being of women, children, families, and living communities around the world. Her presentation at UD held the full attention of a large student audience, who stayed well beyond the end of her formal talk to engage in discussion.
Lucinda’s approachable manner, command of the facts, and passion for peace and justice make her an ideal speaker for audiences on college campuses and elsewhere.
—Rebecca Whisnant, Associate Professor of Philosophy and Director of Women’s and Gender Studies, University of Dayton
Selected Radio Interviews with Lucinda Marshall:
Robin Morgan interviews Lucinda Marshall about CEDAW on Women’s Media Center Live.
Kate Raphael interviews Lucinda Marshall on KPFA’s Women’s Magazine:
Click to listen (or download)
Dennis Bernstein on KPFA’s Flashpoints interviews Lucinda Marshall (starts at about the 9 minute mark):
Click to listen (or download)
To arrange for an interview or to book her for a panel or as a speaker, please email her at LucindaMarshall @ feministpeacenetwork.org.