We’re barely a week into the new year and already we can report that misogyny is alive and well in 2011. Here is a quick and undoubtedly incomplete roundup of the first week’s action:
- Kudos to the Secretary General of the United Nations for forgetting all about women in his annual address. No doubt a silly oversight.
- And then Justice Scalia chimes in and opines that women in this country are not protected by the 14th Amendment, which refers to ‘persons’. File that in the What are We–Chopped Liver? department.
- Not to be outdone, Creep Veep Joe Biden tells little girls not to date until they’re 30. No Joe, it wasn’t funny. Or cute.
- Tosh 2.0 tells us that rape is entertaining. Ha ha, do you see us laughing? See comment to Creepy Joe above.
- Daniel Ellsberg says Julian Assange isn’t a rapist because Assange told him that he wasn’t. Because the white guy of the moment should always be believed and we needed a good reminder that liberal and liberated are two different words.
- The French edition of Vogue becomes the go-to magazine for pedophiles, posing six year old girls as sex symbols.
Sigh, looks like a big ixnay on hanging up the old keyboard and retiring in 2011.